About the Test
If you want to teach Pre-Kindergarten through 6th Grade, you have to pass the Core Subjects EC-6 exam. This is a challenging exam, but with the right preparation, you can pass it!
Are you studying for the Core Subjects EC-6 exam? I’m here to help!
The Core Subjects EC-6 exam has 267 multiple choice questions divided into five sections: English Language Arts and Reading and the Science of Teaching Reading, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, and Fine Arts/Health/Physical Education/Theater.
Most of the questions are content-based, meaning you memorize information and can apply that knowledge to answering the question. However, about 20 to 25% of the questions are situational or scenario-based. These questions ask you the best way to teach a concept or handle a situation. These are usually the hardest to answer, and they have these situational questions in every subject area of the exam. We have a digital course with videos to help you learn to select the right answer!
Studying for the Test
Many people study by taking a lot of sample tests, but this is not an effective way to prepare! The questions you find on the Pearson website, any online site, or even my courses will not be tests on your actual exam! Taking sample tests is a good way to ASSESS yourself, but not to study. To prepare, you need to start with a high-quality, thorough study guide or course. We offer both digital study guides and digital courses. If you prefer hard copies, you are welcome to print our digital study guide.
- Buy a high-quality, thorough study guide or enroll in a digital course. Study ALL sections and carefully read every page. I wrote the study guides and created the courses. I have passed the test, and I am confident that if you carefully read and understand my study material, you will pass, too!
- Take notes, highlight important information, and make flash cards.
- For information that is hard to memorize, record your voice on your phone with the information you need to know and play it whenever you have a chance.
- Watch videos online to learn more about concepts you find challenging or confusing.
- For extra math practice, use websites like Khan Academy.
- Take released STAAR tests. STAAR tests are the standardized tests students in Texas take. Thttps://coresubjects.net/testimonial/katie-nuzum/he information teachers have to know is aligned with what students need to know, so these questions assess the same information you need to know for the Core Subjects EC-6 exam. You should take tests for Grades 3 through 8. Simply taking STAAR tests is not effective. The most important part is when you miss questions, be sure to look up more information about those topics and concepts. For example, if you miss a question about the causes of the French and Indian War, go back to your study guide or find a website or book to learn more about the French and Indian War.
- Consider scheduling a session for tutoring with me! I passed all subjects of the Core Subjects EC-6 exam, and I know how to help you pass, too! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a session.
- I made a video and free tips to help you pass!
- Check out this testimonial from Katie, who passed her test using my courses and tutoring.